OCEAN EXPLORER PROGRAM
- Ocean Explorer Program – $350
Take your first steps to exploring our astonishing oceans. Our Explorer Program is your ticket to not only a LIFETIME certification, but becoming a SAFE and QUALIFIED diver. This is the traditional NAUI Scuba Diver or Open Water Certification course with our Ocean Gear spin on things. Signing up for the class will get you all the materials you need online to get started on your training.
eLearning Code Fees
- NAUI Digital Certification Packet – $100.00 (default choice unless otherwise requested)
- PADI Digital Certification Packet – $202.00
Our Program Includes:
- 4 Class Room Sessions (still done virtually)
- 3 Pool Sessions
- 2 Days of Ocean Dives (2 Dives each day)
- Additional Pool/Class sessions if/as necessary
You will need the following equipment by the 2nd pool session
- Mask, Snorkel, Fins
- Dive Boots & Gloves
- Surface Marker Buoy (SMB)
- We will help make sure you are properly fit, select the equipment that is best for you and give you a great student discount all at the same time
- All basic equipment not listed above is available to rent for your ocean dives, and is included during your pool training.
January 2023 – No Class
– Class Sessions: February 7, 21, 23 & 28
– Pool Sessions: February 12, 19 & 26
– Class Sessions: March 7, 14, 21 & 28
– Pool Sessions: March 12, 19 & 26
– Class Sessions: April 4, 11, 18 & 25
– Pool Sessions: 5, 22 & 29
– Class Sessions: 3, 17, 24 & 31
– Pool Sessions: 13, 20 & 27
All training Materials including eLearning Codes & Logbook
Online component done from the comfort of home on your timeline
Selected chapters must be completed before each lecture session
Ocean Dive Evaluation
- While ocean dives are required for certification, they are not considered training. They are evaluations of your skills and are viewed and staffed differently.
A Total of 4 SCUBA Dives are required.
These dives can be completed on our weekend beach dives, out on a dive boat or diving the underwater park in Avalon, Catalina
Our beach dives focus on getting divers comfortable with how to properly handle our California surf
- We also include our exclusive surf training workshop (beach diving only)
- Beach Dives will have a fee of $60 per day and will include basic scuba equipment not owned by the student.
- This will also include Instructor time and well as the cost of any additional staff required.
At Ocean Gear, we give our divers the training to be the safest divers in the ocean!
Our divers will be trained to Explore around the world in conditions similar to those they are accustomed to or better!
LIFETIME CERTIFICATION & WORLDWIDE RECOGNITION
Maximum of 6 Students
- Minimum Age 12 years old
Reserving Your Spot
Telling Your Friends and Family
IT’S TIME TO EXPLORE WITH OCEAN GEAR