NAUI FIT PROGRAM ~ $600
Welcome to your Scuba Boot Camp. This course has been designed for those leaders from other certifying agencies to better prepare you for rigors of the NAUI Instructor Crossover Course (ICC) or the NAUI Instructor Training Course. It is also designed for those NAUI leaders that haven’t been through the Leadership process for a while. Both an excellent “Brush Up” and a fantastic training program to prepare you for your NAUI Instructor training. The NAUI Familiarization-Instruction-Testing (FIT) program is a non-certification program.
The program includes both instruction and evaluation. Attendees receive the information needed to prepare for NAUI membership and NAUI leadership training. Participants are given knowledge, water skill and other performance evaluations, critiques and counseling to ensure they are aware of their state of preparedness for NAUI membership and continued leadership training.
ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR COURSE ~ $750
Course Orientation: April 14 at 6:30 pm
The NAUI Assistant Instructor rating is a NAUI Leadership level certification. The program is designed to introduce students to diving instruction basics. It also tests individuals in fundamental water skills needed to be capable assistants. Certification authorizes individuals to assist active-status NAUI Instructors in the conduct of dive training. NAUI Assistant Instructor certification is a highly recommended step in the progression to NAUI Instructor.
QUALIFICATIONS OF GRADUATES
A current NAUI Assistant Instructor is qualified to assist active-status NAUl Instructors in teaching skin and scuba diving courses provided the activities and locale are similar to those of the training. Additional training or experience is to be obtained by the Assistant Instructor who desires to assist in highly specialized training activities, such as wreck penetration, cavern, ice or technical diver courses.
A NAUI Assistant Instructor can be counted toward student-instructor ratios.
After assisting an active-status NAUI Instructor with at least one complete NAUI Scuba Diver course, a current NAUI Assistant Instructor is qualified, if all other prerequisites are met, to enter a NAUI Instructor Training Course (ITC). (Attending a NAUI Divemaster are recommended prior to attending an ITC.)
SKIN DIVING INSTRUCTOR COURSE ~ $750
This is a leadership level certification course designed to train and qualify persons and issue certifications in skin (breathhold) diving.
The course will make available to individuals; schools, camps, or similar groups NAUI Leaders who can effectively teach people to enjoy skin diving with minimal risk.
QUALIFICATIONS OF GRADUATES
An active-status NAUI Skin Diving Instructor may independently teach the NAUI Skin Diving Course and designated specialty courses as skin diving courses and authorize NAUI to issue certifications for these.
An active-status NAUI Skin Diving Instructor may, while being overseen by an active-status NAUI Instructor, perform as an assistant during NAUI scuba diving courses. If certified as a scuba diver, this may include scuba training activities.
An active-status Skin Diving Instructor may independently perform the swimming skills evaluation and teach the Skin Diving portions of the NAUI Scuba Diver Course.
DIVEMASTER COURSE ~ $750
Program Orientation: April 14 from 6:30 – 8:30pm
This Program is NOT like the others you’ve looked into!!
Unlike other organizations, the NAUI Divemaster rating is the highest NAUI leadership-level certification with the exception of Instructor. The program is designed to train experienced and knowledgeable divers to organize and conduct enjoyable open water dives for certified divers. You will discover more, learn more, be able to do more and enjoy more your experience as a NAUI Dive Master.
QUALIFICATIONS OF GRADUATES
An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to organize and conduct dives for certified divers if the diving activities and locale approximate those in which the Divemaster is trained. Additional training, knowledge or experience is necessary for the Divemaster who desires to organize highly specialized activities, such as wreck penetration, cavern, ice or other technical dives or enter a new locale.
An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to organize and conduct all NAUI Recognition Programs (such as International Diver) and award appropriate recognition materials to participants.
An active-status NAUI Divemaster is qualified to assist an active-status NAUI Instructor in diving courses.
If all other prerequisites are met, a current NAUI Divemaster is qualified to enter a NAUI Instructor Training Course (ITC).
Classroom Hours – 24 – 30 hours minimum
Confined Water Hours – 12 hours estimated
Open Water Dives – 10 dives minimum
Multiple Beach Dives – TBD as necessary
NAUI INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COURSE ~ $2500*
The NAUI Instructor Training Course (ITC) is designed to train and qualify NAUI Instructor member applicants. During the course candidate instructors learn effective methods to teach skin and scuba diving in compliance with NAUI Diving Course Standards. The ITC may be presented in two phases. If done so, Phase One, called an Instructor Training Program (ITP), contains all developmental training except for the final evaluations.
During an ITP, candidate practice performances must be evaluated by at least two qualified evaluators, one of whom may be a STW completer and the other an IT or CD. The ITP can be conducted in many formats, ranging in length from a week to an internship over an extended period. The second or final phase of an ITC so organized is called the IQP, during which a Course Director must be in residence and all final evaluations will be made. The course assures the NAUI membership that candidates who receive certification as NAUI Instructors have the knowledge, skills, fitness and proper attitude to do so.
PREREQUISITES FOR ENTERING THE COURSE
• Age. Minimum is 18 years by the water phase of the course.
○ Current certification as a NAUI Assistant Instructor or NAUI Divemaster or other agency leaders who are NAUI FIT Program graduates.
○ Current certification in NAUI First Aid for Dive Professionals or equivalent.
○ Current certification in NAUI Oxygen Provider or equivalent.
○ Certified as a NAUI Nitrox Diver or equivalent.
○ A minimum of 60 logged open water scuba dives with a minimum of 30 hours bottom time. Dives shall be varied in environment, depth, and activities. ○ Instructor candidates must pass the NAUI Instructor Prequalification Examination prior to the start of the ITC.
○ The Instructor Trainer or Course Director is to ensure adequate student knowledge and capability before any open water training and shall use skill or other evaluations to do so. One open water dive (which does not count toward the minimum number of dives required for the course) may be used as a screening and evaluation dive. This is not required when the student’s diving proficiencies are well known to the Instructor Trainer or Course Director.
• Equipment. Candidates shall furnish and be responsible for the care and maintenance of their own diving equipment. The instructor shall initially assist candidates in checking all their gear to ensure it is adequate and in proper working order.
• Medical Approval. Verification of good physical condition as documented by a medical examination and unconditional approval for diving by a licensed physician within the preceding 12 months. In no event will medical approval be accepted wherein the physician signing the certificate is the student.
*Instructor Training Materials have changed dramatically this past year. All the Instructor Guides are available FREE of charge to all our candidates. With your Tuition you will receive your lifetime license for the Scuba Diver and the Nitrox Diver Courses. All other courses can be purchased individually, or as a group by the candidate if/when they feel it is necessary. This will be discussed at the beginning of the course and that decision will be reviewed periodically.